- As soon as AGM and election is complete, call for an EGM within 15 days and pass the resolution to add all FDN paid owners as members , Increase the members in executive committee from 10 ( to make 15 or 17 or 19) and call for re-election.
- After Re-elections, form sub committees and involve people who wants to contribute in improving the services /facilities inside society.
- Re-negotiate the contract with JLL and ensure better service. Management fees to be reduced to 2 lakhs and negotiate on per sqft maintenance charges to 2 rs.
- Take steps to reduce maintenance charges. (Work towards enabling golahalli line which will reduce generator usage cost, Work with BWSSB to get more Kaveri water and reduce tankers, common area electricity saving measures, man power optimization, etc)
- Improve safety and security inside campus (increased CCTV coverage , Proper security deployment, enabling access cards, Quick reaction teams, vehicle speed governing rules )
- Pet policy implementation, Tenant policy implementation, peaceful (less noise) neighborhood policy , vendor policy implementation, maid policy implementation.
- Improve greenery inside campus.
- Effectively utilize the public parks and facilitate young children for outdoor games.
- work with DLF to get the clubhouse completed with good quality.
- Generate funds for association through advertisement and explore solar power for common area through generated funds.
- Bring the association under KAOA.
- 2nd car parking policy.
- Develop setback area for residents utilization.
- Association not to use maintenance fund to fight any court cases.
- waste segregation at source policy and implementation. Increase the capacity of OWC and explore alternate place for the same.
- water conservation steps for the society.
- Association to utilize SW like apartment adda/ apna complex to increase efficiency and streamline the services.
- Renegotiate Gardener contract, Lift maintenance contract, STP maintenance contract and fix responsibility.Include penalty clause.
- Until KAOA is formed, Adhere to KSRA rules and regulations.
- Make WH inclusive society instead of taking confrontation approach.
8.If mix of candidates win from team A, team B and Independent candidates then based on your election agendas how you will sort out the policy to be implemented?
That’s the big question voters need to think while giving their mandate. While Pragati members like Bharat have tried their best in last one year to bring various opposite viewpoints together for the sake of implementing necessary improvements, it has proven difficult and ardous. That does not mean there is no difference of opinion within team Pragati, and all members listen to the opinion of 1-2 people.
All the members of the Pragati team are well connected to the residents and are gracious & open to feedback for improvement. They accept the majority opinion and work towards the end goal with the philosophy of “disagree & commit” without letting the arguments get vicious or personal. We believe in maintaining good personal relationships & goodwill inspite of all our differences of opinion.
9. What happens if team Pragati do not hold majority seats in the new EC and we are unable to implement the desired changes to the bye-laws and initiate KAOA?
A shadow council of the key members will be formed to overlook the actions of the new EC for the full term. This is a perfectly acceptable way of governance. The team members of Pragati have long been active members of the community and engaged in all civic works and initiatives. Mostly due to their type A personalities and also an interest to protect the future of their kids and the society. Hence being elected hardly matters to continue the engagements with local civic bodies, residents, celebrate festivals, etc. It would add an additional layer of complexity, sure, but its not the end of the world.
Caveat: All owners are free to pursue any legal remedies to protect their interests in the case of continued fraud perpetuated by WHCAOWA.
10. What is Team Pragati’s view on bachelors tenants ?
Amongst the community, there are both kinds of views. One view is to keep Bachelors and others to be allowed as tenants. Team Pragati believes that the first obligation for us is to follow the law of the land and which favors no action that discriminates on caste, creed, sex, religion or marital status. Hence no offficial resolution that would bar renting of flats to Bachelors would be admissible in the court of law. At the same time the age group of 18-28 contribute to a healty demograpy of any society. We have seen many nuisance incidents largely attributable to bachelors. So as to maintain balance, following are the ways to regulate such cases:
- Work towards increasing the rental value of the property.
- Suggest Owners to adopt a model rental agreement clause that will protect the Society from rowdy/noisy/nuisance tenants. Also, put a reasonable cap on number of individuals that can be accommodated as tenants in a flat. (Not applicable to family occupied flats)
- Work with Govt Agencies to see that flats with dense population of bachelors (students or otherwise), are marked as Commercial property.
11. What is Team Pragati’s view on Commercial Activities inside the campus ?
Commercial activities in residential premises are well defined and laid down in Karnataka Shops and Establishment Act, which is the governing legislation on this subject. There are certain other laws/rules that also become applicable in parallel, e.g. Food safety regulations, fire safety regulation etc. in case an activity invokes these regulations.