Personal and Professional Credentials
Prabhakar P Suvarna hails from Mangaluru and is a resident of WH for last two years. He is a B.Com. graduate from Mysore University and started off in a humble way teaching accounts. He also holds a LL.B (G) degree from University of Pune and CAIIB (Part-I) from Indian Institute of Bankers.
Prabhakar has over 4 decades of experience in Banking of which 36 years in Managerial positions. During his tenure he had successfully worked as Branch Head besides handling other portfolios such as Revision in Internal Systems and Procedures, Currency Management, Credit Card and Inspection & Audit. He was a Member Trustee on the Board of Bank’s Provident Fund and also Staff Welfare Fund. He was an Executive Committee Member of the Bank Officers’ Union for over 11 consecutive years during which period he was a member of the Negotiating Team. He is widely known for his high standards of integrity, dedication, commitment to the cause and as an expert in handling disciplinary cases.
He is a multi linguist and can converse in Kannada, Hindi, English, Tulu, Kokani and Marathi.
Prabhakar is blessed with two sons. Elder son is Prashanth, a senior software engineer, currently working with Cisco, is happily married to Puja. Younger son, Anuj is also a software engineer, working with TCS. He has a passion for music and holds Level 5 Certificate from Royal School of Music, London.
Contribution to WH Community
- He is the driving force behind the Telegram Group (TG) “WH Khata No Bribe Group.
- He along with a few others have been offering expert advice/ clarifications on owners’ queries and doubts in the Telegram group on matters pertaining to Property Tax Payment, Khata, BESCOM meter name transfer etc.
- He assisted owners to pay the first time Property Tax by guiding them how to get Base SAS Number (OTP). In fact he used to make several trips to BBMP office to follow up applications of local as well as outstation owners.
- He assisted and guided owners to submit applications for Khata transfers in their names.
- Filed several RTI applications on Khata related issues, attended personal hearings in BBMP Head Office and BBMP Bommnahalli. Along with a few others he mounted pressure on DLF to submit documents for Khata Bifurcation.
- He also assisted and guided owners to submit applications for BESCOM meter name change.
- He along with a few others pioneered the demand for street light on Westend Avenue, and pursued the issue to its logical end.
- Actively associated with WH Karnataka Rajyotsava Samithi and was its treasurer.
- Associated with the initiative “Kannada Kaliyona”, a program to teach Kannada to the non-Kannada speaking residents of WH.
- Assisted Water Action Team in the signature campaign for “More Water to WH”.
- Helping the security guards to resolve their issues with their bank accounts, debit cards etc
Vision and Action Plan
- Strive to make this a model society for all residents to live here happily.
- Build mutual trust and confidence amongst the EC members to work in tandem for betterment of the society.
- Define proper role responsibilities and accountability for every EC member.
- Bring in amendments to the present Bye-laws within the shortest possible time to empower all FDN paid owners with right to vote and right to participate in the Association activities.
- Thoroughly examine the existing Bye-laws and suggest amendments wherever required to remove ambiguities, bring improvements and transparency and also to expand the composition of the EC.
- Initiate the process of registering the Association under Karnataka Apartment Owners Act (KAOA), 1972 which alone will protect the owners’ interest.
- Revisit all contracts and sub-contracts.
- Bring down maintenance cost by identifying areas where cost reduction is possible without compromising on quality of service or product and take steps to plug leakages.
- Making every effort to bring in more Cauvery water so as to reduce supply of tanker water and to bring down maintenance cost.
- Study the legal implications and enforceability of documents and assets to be taken over by the association.
- Setting up a system of strong independent internal audit on an ongoing basis.
- Formulating rules and regulations for vendor management, and other policies.
Flat No. – A7185, WH
Mob: +91 9448856691